Fairfield Parish Council has today submitted its response to proposals by Campbell Buchanan to build 180 houses and a two form entry school on land east of Hitchin Road.
CB/16/01455 – The Parish Council objects to the proposals on the following grounds.
- The proposals represent inappropriate and un-sustainable greenbelt development, outside of the current settlement envelope
- The application is premature with respect to the emerging Neighbourhood Plan
- Insufficient information has been provided to analyse the extent of highway impacts and any mitigation required
- Impact upon highway safety, particularly at the Eliot Way roundabout
- Inconsistency between plans submitted by the applicant and those within the supporting reports
- Waste / effluent management systems in the vicinity are inadequate and the proposals will intensify the issues
- Flood risk / development within
CB/16/01454 The Parish Council has concerns with the appropriateness of the proposed school location and it’s scale, however support the provision of this new community facility.
The full, detailed response can be read from this link