Fairfield Council has a budget available for grants. Find below guidance on eligibility and how to apply for a grant from the Council.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING APPLICATION FORMS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Who can apply?
- Applications under the scheme will be considered from voluntary organisations. The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 defines a voluntary organisation as ‘any person carrying on an undertaking otherwise than for profit’.
- Applications for grants must be to directly benefit Fairfield, or part of it, or all or some of its inhabitants. Organisations will be eligible for consideration only if they provide a social, welfare or educational benefit, and have an active local branch or committee. Applications from individuals will not be considered.
How can the grants be used?
- Grants are awarded at the Council’s discretion and in all instances payment of grant is subject to availability of funds allocated for this purpose.
- The Council has the discretion to allocate grants towards specific projects but will not allocate money in respect of schemes resulting from any shortfall in local authority funding. The Council will consider applications for specified running costs but will not provide financial assistance for wages or staff.
- The Council will not fund events that have already occurred, equipment already purchased, works already started or completed.
- Grants are agreed on the basis that the money will be spent in accordance with the specified purpose and within 12 months of the award. If it is not possible to use the money for the project in accordance with the application, the funding must be returned or the Council’s approval sought to a revised application
- Recipients of grants will be asked to complete the Grant Feedback Report form within three months of completing the project, advising on the use of the grant and how they achieved their aims.
- Acknowledgement of the financial support received from the Council may be required on documentation and any promotional literature or other media operation. The Council may require a plaque or similar notice to be displayed.
- The grant can only be used for the purpose for which it is granted. The council can impose conditions on the grant.
- Organisations are responsible for ensuring that they are in compliance with all legal and statutory requirements (e.g. planning and licensing regulations).
- The awarding of grant in one year does not set a precedent on any subsequent applications.
- The Council reserves the right to reject applications or award less than the amount requested.
When and how should an application be made?
- Grant applications may be made at each parish council meeting held on the second Thursday of each month except in August with the closing date for receipt of applications being the nearest working date to 20th of the previous month. Applications received after the closing date, or where there is missing documentation, will be held over until the following parish council meeting.
- All applications for grant must be accompanied by the latest available statement of the organisation’s accounts.
- Applications for grants must be made on the appropriate official application form and returned to:
The Parish Clerk,
Fairfield Parish Council,
Fairfield Community Hall
Telephone number for enquiries : 07415 615225. Click on this link to email
To download an application form please click here. Successful applicants will be required to complete a feedback form which can be downloaded here.
The above guidelines can be downloaded in a printable format here.